Animation Drawing Studies is a comprehensive foundation programme. It has a particular emphasis on the development of strong drawing skills whilst offering a broad introduction to animation.
- Animation Drawing Studies
- Animation Layout Design
- Multimedia Authoring
- Craft and Design
- Figure Studies
- Work Experience
View past students’ work.
Five O6/H7 in Leaving Certificate/LCVP or a merit in Leaving Certificate Applied or QQI level 4 Certificate. The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Art 5M1985
- Students applying for Animation Courses should bring to the interview a portfolio of artwork completed within the past year demonstrating drawing skills and interests.
- This portfolio should contain: Four A3 size drawings from life or the human figure displaying emotion (anger, happiness, love, sadness etc). It is suggested that you ask a friend or family member to pose for these drawings and that you spend no more than 2 hours on this exercise. Quick sketches are better than finished pieces.
- Approximately twelve pieces of artwork (sketches and more finished work) including observational drawings (life drawing/still life), perspective drawing, some colour work and work of personal interest.
- A sketchbook of quick, 5 to 10 minutes, drawings from life (people, animals, still life, buildings interior or exterior).
- Please bring only original work. The drawings of established cartoon characters and work copied from books should not be included.
Graduates with a merit profile may apply for entry to the Higher National Diploma in Classical and Computer Animation in BCFE. Graduates may progress to courses in Higher Education Institutions on a competitive basis through the new QQI Common Awards System (CAS). For information on the scheme see Higher Education Links Scheme.