These Terms and Conditions govern your use of the BCFE website (the “BCFE Site”) and your relationship with Ballyfermot College of Further Education (the “BCFE”, “we” or “us”). Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the BCFE Site. If you have any questions on the Terms and Conditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 USE OF THE BCFE SITE
- 1.1 *The BCFE Site is provided to you for your personal use subject to these Terms and Conditions. By using the BCFE Site you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- 2.1 *We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons or to allow the proper operation of the BCFE Site. The changes will apply to the use of the BCFE Site. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms and Conditions you should not continue to use the BCFE Site. If you continue to use the BCFE Site after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the BCFE Site indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms and Conditions.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- 3.1 *The content of the BCFE Site is protected by copyright, trade marks, database right and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of the BCFE Site on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the BCFE Site without written permission from the BCFE.
4. YOUR USE OF THE BCFE SITE
- 4.1 You may not use the BCFE Site for any of the following purposes:
- 4.1.1 disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws;
- 4.1.2 transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or code of practice;
- 4.1.3 interfering with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the BCFE Site; or
- 4.1.4 making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- 4.2 *You will be responsible for our losses and costs resulting from your breach of this clause 6.
5. AVAILABILITY OF THE BCFE SITE
- 5.1 Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services at the BCFE Site will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the services will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the BCFE Site you should report it to email@example.com and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- 5.2 Your access to the BCFE Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can.
6. BCFE’S LIABILITY
- 6.1 The BCFE Site provides content from other Internet sites or resources and while the BCFE tries to ensure that material included on the BCFE Site is correct, reputable and of high quality, it does not make any warranties or guarantees in relation to that content. If BCFE is informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Site we will attempt to correct the inaccuracies as soon as we reasonably can.
- 6.2 *If we are in breach of these Terms & Conditions, we will only be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence to both of us at the time you use the BCFE Site. Our liability shall not in any event include business losses such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
- 6.3 This clause 9 shall not limit or affect our liability resulting from any products sold through the BCFE Site being found to be unsafe or if something we do negligently causes death or personal injury.
7. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- 7.1 As a convenience to customers, the BCFE Site includes links to other web sites or material which are beyond its control. The BCFE is not responsible for content on any site outside the BCFE Site.
8. ADVERTISING & SPONSORSHIP
- 8.1 Part of the BCFE Site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the BCFE Site complies with relevant laws and codes. We will not be responsible to you for any error or inaccuracy in advertising and sponsorship material.
9. APPLICABLE LAW
- 9.1 These Terms and Conditions will be subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the Republic of Ireland.
10 INTERNATIONAL USE
- 10.1 We make no promise that materials on the BCFE Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the Republic of Ireland and accessing the BCFE Site from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access this site from locations outside the Republic of Ireland, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- 11.1 You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- 11.2 If you breach these Terms and Conditions and the BCFE chooses to ignore this, the BCFE will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms and Conditions.
- 11.3 The BCFE shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- 11.4 The BCFE Site is owned and operated by Ballyfermot College of Further Education.
- 11.5 If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: 19th March, 2017