Social Care Studies Level 6
Course Code SVC
NFQ Level 6
Duration 1 year
QQI Code 6M2218
Award QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Social and Vocational Integration
Why choose Social Care Studies?
This one-year advanced certificate course aims to deepen your knowledge of a wide range of social care areas from Mental Health Awareness to Disability Awareness.
It will stimulate and challenge you to evaluate current trends in the The course is a comprehensive and challenging course comprising both academic and practical modules. This course will suit those who have a good knowledge of Social Care and are seeking to progress in their professional development. Students will get an understanding of the many roles of a Social Care Professional and models of social care provision.
Work experience is an essential part of the programme and will enable you to develop the skills and qualities required of workers in the You will work with vulnerable groups such as those who experience mental health issues, people with intellectual disabilities, the travelling community, people who are homeless, people with substance abuse issues and early school leavers. Students are encouraged to follow their specific area of interest when choosing a work placement and there are a wide range of work placement options available from Rehabilitation Centres, Prisons, Special schools, Youth Reach and Mental Health Services.
What will you study?
- Disability Awareness (6N1975)
- Social Studies (5N1370)
- Work Experience (6N1946)
- Rehabilitation Practice(6N2196)
- Communications (6N1950)
- Mental Health Awareness (6N2209)
- Person Centred Planning (6N2206)
- Boundary Management (6N2207)
- Suicide Awareness Training
What do you need to apply?
In addition to the Entry Requirements, please note for this course
- An interview is required
- Suitable BCFE QQI Level 5 awards with a merit profile, that satisfy the entry requirements are:
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/ or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities. Suitably qualified graduates are eligible to apply for entry to cognate degree programmes in third level institutions in Ireland (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with relevant Higher Education Institution).
- Graduates may also apply for Degree courses in Universities in the UK and may gain exemption from the first year of such
Some of our graduates decided to begin work immediately in different Social Care settings.
View More Testimonials
By studying the Social Care Studies Level 6 Advanced at BCFE, I gained invaluable knowledge in Social Studies, Mental Health Awareness, Rehabilitation Practice, Personal and Professional Development, Disability Awareness, Person Cantered Planning, Learning Difficulty Awareness, and Communications. I have added to my toolkit and all the roles I have are enhanced. I believe I have acquired the necessary tools to support my own mental health as well as the mental health of others and I ready to use my compassion in a person-centred capacity helping others in any social care setting.
Oluwafunmilayo (La’Fun) Ayibiowu
Graduate, Social Care Studies Level 6 Advanced (SVC)