Tourism with Business Level 6
Course Code RHB
NFQ Level 6
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 6M5012
Award QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Tourism with Business
Why choose Tourism with Business?
This one-year Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Tourism with Business is ideal for you if you are seeking a supervisory role within a variety of tourism related businesses, or If you are seeking to progress to further or higher education and training. It is a vibrant and faced paced course which builds on your previous qualifications and work experiences and seeks to progress your skills to a supervisory level within the sector.
You will study the specific skills required in the tourism sector at an advanced level in the following modules: Tourism Policy and Practice, Global Distribution Systems, Irish Cultural and Natural Heritage and Airport Passenger Services. These skills can be developed practically when you complete your six-week work placement which can be completed within Ireland, or you have the option of completing a fully funded Erasmus+ placement in Finland.
In addition, you will develop your transferable skills at a supervisory level in event management, consultative selling and customer service which you can use in any business or tourism setting. You will also benefit on this course from organised trips to heritage and cultural sites and guest lectures by sector experts in the tourism industry.
What will you study?
- Event Management (6N4800)
- Consultative Selling (6N2054)
- Work Experience (6N1946)
- Irish Cultural and Natural Heritage (6N0652)
- Global Distribution Systems (6N4973)
- Customer Service (6N0697)
- Tourism Policy and Practice (6N2106)
- Airport Passenger Services (6N4972)
What do you need to apply?
- Leaving Certificate/LCVP with a minimum of two O1/H5 and four O6/H7 grades, or a relevant QQI Level 5 award with a Merit profile, or a relevant BTEC award with a Merit profile.
- Suitable BCFE QQI Level 5 awards include:
- The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).
- Graduates have directly entered employment in a wide range of tourism-based activities.