The Advanced Certificate in Tourism with Business is a vibrant and fast paced course which prepares you for direct employment in the growing tourism industry.
This course provides you with practical hands-on experience and gives you an insight into the practical and team work skills essential in customer service and in the event management sectors.
You will have the opportunity to complete a six-week work placement abroad, which is supported by Erasmus+. Placement countries currently include Finland. Alternatively, placements can be completed in Ireland.
This course also includes college organised trips to heritage and cultural sites, as well as engaging guest lecturers from varying sectors of the tourism industry.
- Event Management
- Consultative Selling
- Work Experience
- Irish Cultural and Natural Heritage
- Global Distribution Systems
- Customer Service
- Tourism Policy and Practice
- Airport Passenger Services
- Leaving Certificate/LCVP with a minimum of two O1/H5 and four O6/H7 grades, or a relevant QQI Level 5 award with a merit profile, or a relevant BTEC National Diploma with a merit profile. Suitable BCFE QQI Level 5 awards include:
- The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).
- Graduates have entered into employment in a wide range of tourism based activities.