AR/VR Design and Development TRAINEESHIP Level 5
Course Code DAV
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 Year
Award QQI Level 5 Creative Media 5M5048 (Multimedia Production) and Unity Certified User VR Developer in either Design or Development (Pearson VUE)
Why choose Augmented and Virtual Reality Traineeship?
You will have a choice to study either artist development or programming development and will be awarded relevant industry standard qualifications from Unity.
Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR), referred to as Immersive Technologies and reflect the degree of digital content presented to the users as they move from the real to a virtual world experience. Traditionally, application of immersive technology has been focused on the delivery of entertainment and interactive gaming However, research and industry are now exploring the utility of these technologies within education, tourism, health, advertising, manufacturing, telecommunications, real-estate, human- machine interaction, and robotics amongst many industries.
This one-year (48-week) traineeship focuses on augmented and virtual reality, motion graphics, and creating interactive experiences in real time 3D environments, using industry-standard tools, theory and
You will be on practical placement in the industry for 12 weeks, in various blocks, over the duration of the year, and the remainder of this course time will be completed within BCFE.
What will you study?
All of the following QQI modules
- Design Skills (5N0784)
- Illustration (5N1288)
- 3-Dimensional Computer Graphics (5N5029)
- Team working (5N1367)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Multimedia Authoring (5N1299)
- And, either
- And, Unity Module
- Associate Level Artist, or
- Associate Level Programming
What do you need to apply?
Please refer to the Entry Requirements.
- Trainees can progress to the Apprenticeship in Immersive Technologies (currently awaiting approval)
- Graduates with a Merit profile may apply for entry to BTEC Higher National Diploma courses in BCFE, such as:
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).