This is a two-year course which focuses on augmented and virtual reality, motion graphics and interpreting and creating interactive experiences in real time 3D environments, using industry-standard tools, theory and techniques.
Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) are referred to as Immersive Technologies and reflect the degree of digital content presented to the users as they move from the real to a virtual world experience. Traditionally, application of immersive technology has been focused on the delivery of entertainment and interactive gaming experiences. However, research and industry are now exploring the utility of these technologies within education, tourism, health, advertising, manufacturing, telecommunications, real-estate, human-machine interaction, and robotics amongst many industries.
- Individual Project
- Creative Industry Professional Practice
- Motion Graphics Practice
- Visual Effects and Motion Graphics Cultures
- Principles of User Experience and User Interface Design
- Audio Technologies
- Personal Professional Development
- Advanced Motion Graphics Studies
- Collaborative Project
- Environment and Level Design
- Emerging Technologies
- Advanced Rendering and Visualization
- Advanced 3D Modelling
- Leaving Certificate/LCVP with a minimum of two O1/H5 and three O6/H7 grades or equivalent, or a relevant QQI Level 5 award with a merit profile or a relevant BTEC National Diploma with a merit profile. The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
- Graduates who achieve a Merit/Distinction in this Higher National Diploma may apply for entry to the degree courses in BCFE:
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).