This Media Production Management degree is designed to equip dynamic and creative students with the skills to play their part in transforming the increasingly globalised creative industry.
This degree is designed to address many of the wider issues encountered by creative arts/media students and is focused on how their work can be developed, managed and marketed in the modern world. This is a one-year top-up programme for students who have successfully completed a Higher National Diploma in Media/Digital/Music/Games/ Art and Design (or related field), or have accumulated a minimum of 120 ECTS in media or in a related area.
The degree is awarded by Dublin City University (DCU), and students have full access to all DCU facilities.
- Popular Culture Studies
- International Media Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Research Methods
- Consumer Behaviour
- Media and Entertainment Law
- Strategic Media Management
- Project Management
- Media Project
- Higher National Diploma in Media, Creative Arts, or related area, with a merit/distinction profile; or 120 ECTS in media or related area.
- As part of the interview process, you are required to prepare a 200 – 300-word proposal for a practical project you would like to complete during the degree year. This proposal is used to assess your ability to communicate a project proposal in written form. At this stage, you do not have to secure a client and you are free to change your idea if you are offered a place on the programme. The project proposal should outline the following:
- Idea A paragraph or two outlining the general idea for the project.
- Client A shortlist of potential clients (someone who might commission the work)
- Target Audience An indication as to who might read, listen or watch your production.
- Resources Resources required to complete the work? (financial/time/equipment)
- Projects may include, EP’s, short films, documentaries, websites, radio documentaries, podcasts, live performances, training videos to name a few. However, they need to have a real-world application and be produced to a professional standard.
- Many of our graduates are currently employed in diverse sectors of the media industry.
View More Testimonials
I’m Jessica and I did the Radio Programming & Production Diploma Level 6 Higher National Diploma (MRH) course and then Media Production Management BA Degree. The 3 years I spent in the college helped me to open up as a person and meet and network with new people. Having lecturers that have worked in the industry was such a huge advantage and really prepared me for what was to come.
Radio Programming & Production Diploma HND Level 6 (MRH), Media Production Management BA Degree (MPM).