Animation Visual Media BA Hons Degree Level 8
Course Code CDA1A
NFQ Level 8
Duration 2 Years
Award BA Honours Degree in Visual Media – Animation (University of Dundee)
Why choose this course?
The BA in Animation Visual Media is an honours degree validated by the University of Dundee, Scotland. As a twoyear top up course, it is designed to build on the HND in Classical and Computer Animation (CCH). Students are challenged to develop and integrate their creative, technical and academic skills in a structured way, producing both individual and group films.
The course aims to develop in the student a balance between the conceptualist, the artist, the storyteller and the technician. At honours level the learning is largely self-directed. Students produce collaborative animated films, which are screened annually at the Animation and Games Graduate Showcase.
What will you study?
- Design and Technology
- Life Drawing
- Visual Media Theory
- Professional Practice
- Applied Theory
- Visual Media Production
- Life Drawing
What do you need to apply?
- HND in Classical and Computer Animation (or equivalent qualification).
- Students for whom English is their second language, are expected to have an IELTS score of 6.0, or equivalent.
Students applying for the BA in Animation Visual Media should bring to the interview an original portfolio (flat or digital), of artwork completed within the past year demonstrating ability in both figurative and abstract approaches.
- Life drawing sketchbooks with 10 samples of life drawing.
- Samples of Layout and Design, Developmental work, Scripts, Treatments and Storyboards.
- Animation tests with conceptual development and thumbnail work to support context.
- Personal observation sketchbooks and journals exhibiting artistic/cultural interests.
- Many of our graduates have progressed directly to employment in Irish animation studios.