Business and Medical Administration Level 5
Course Code BMC
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 5M2468
Award QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business
Why choose this course?
This course will introduce you to the area of business administration that has a specific focus on working in the medical sector. It is specifically designed to prepare you for work in the secretarial/reception/administration side of the health sector such as working in medical or dental surgeries, in hospitals or in care homes.
This course will introduce you to the core theories and methodologies of business administration allied to the relevant health sector concepts and terminology. Medical terminology and audio transcription are key modules which will allow you to develop the skills and knowledge for work in this area.
This course will also enable you to achieve the academic skills and knowledge necessary for further study and future employment in a number of other business-related areas such as customer service, reception or entry level accounting roles.
Work Experience in a relevant area is an integral part of the course.
What will you study?
- Medical Terminology (5N2428)
- Audio Transcription (5N1549)
- Word Processing (5N1358)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Customer Service (5N0972)
- Text Production (5N1422)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised (5N1354)
- Business Administration Skills (5N1610)
- Reception and Frontline Office Skills (5N1407)
What do you need to apply?
- Five O6/H7 in Leaving Certificate/ LCVP or a Merit in Leaving Certificate Applied, or a relevant QQI Level 4 Certificate.
- The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
- Graduates may progress to the Certified Accountancy Pathway Traineeship Level 6.
- Graduates of this course may apply through the CAO and/ or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).