Community & Health Services Pathways to Apprenticeship Level 5
Course Code SCH
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 5M4468
Award QQI Level 5 Certificate in Community Health Services
Why choose Community & Health Services Pathways to Apprenticeship?
This course is suitable for both mature students and school leavers, who would like to pursue a fulfilling and rewarding career providing care and support to vulnerable people in the community.
You will acquire knowledge of health and social care theories and best practice, and the opportunity to gain employment in the sector or progress to further or higher education.
As part of this course, you will complete a six-week placement, spread over two blocks in a range of caring situations, such as working with people with learning difficulties; people who experience mental health issues, people with a physical disability or working with disadvantaged youth.
What will you study?
- Psychology (5N0754)
- Word Processing (5N1358)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Human Growth and Development (5N1279)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Care Provision and Practice (5N2705)
- Equality and Disability (5N1273)
- Social Studies (5N1370)
- Intercultural Studies (5N0765)
- First Aid training and Certification
- Patient and Manual Handling Training course with certificate upon completion
What do you need to apply?
Please refer to the Entry Requirements.
- Graduates with a Merit profile may apply for entry to the Advanced Certificate in Social Care Studies Level 6, (SVC) in BCFE.
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).
While many graduates from this course progress onto further education, some progress immediately into employment in a variety of care and community