NEW Creative Computing and 3D Studies (Creative Media) Level 5
Course Code DCS
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 5M5048
Award QQI Level 5 Certificate in Creative Media
Why choose this course?
This course provides an introduction to creative computing with a strong focus on giving students the opportunity to gain skills and learn the fundamentals of Web Design (UI/UX), 2D & 3D Graphic Design and Video Editing. A business’s website is one of the first places users visit to find out more about it. Impressive web design creates a strong, positive first impression. The importance of good web design has become so important that frontend developers are transitioning into digital product designers using 3D to create an innovative, exploratory online experience.
3D adds depth, realism, and novelty between the human world and digital space. Users are looking for more than just scrolling through information. They want to feel engaged, entertained and part of the design.
The course is ideally suited to those who wish to up-skill in the dynamic area of digital media. Students gain a wide range of skills in creative computing establishing a strong foundation for further study and for employment. It is suitable for those with a little computer experience.
What will you study?
- Design Skills (5N0784)
- 3-Dimensional Computer Graphics (5N5029)
- Digital Photography (5N1270)
- Computer illustrated Graphics (5N1929)
- Digital Editing (5N1438)
- Web Authoring (5N1910)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Communications (5N0690)
What do you need to apply?
- Five O6/H7 in Leaving Certificate/LCVP or a Merit in Leaving Certificate Applied, or a relevant QQI Level 4 Certificate. Evidence of good computer literacy and a knowledge of computer game styles should be brought to the interview.
- The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
- Graduates with a Merit profile may apply for entry to BTEC Higher National Diploma courses in BCFE, such as:
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution)
- Creative Computing and 3D Studies Level 5 (DCS) » Web Design – Advanced App and Web UI/UX, Level 6 (DMH) » Media Production Management BA (Hons) Degree Level 8
- Creative Computing and 3D Studies Level 5 (DCS) » Advanced Games Production & Design Level 6 (DGH) » Games Design Visual Media BA (Hons) Degree Level 8
- Creative Computing and 3D Studies Level 5 (DCS) » Visual Effects & 3D Technology –Level 6 (IFX) » Games Design Visual Media BA (Hons) Degree Level 8