Digital Marketing & Content Development Level 5
Course Code DMC
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 year
QQI Code 5M5048
Award QQI Level 5 Certificate in Creative Media
Why choose Digital Marketing & Content Development?
The focus of this course is to equip you with the practical marketing and creative media skills to work in the expanding digital marketing and content production sector in Ireland.
Whether you are a complete beginner, or a graduate looking to gain a solid grounding in digital skills, this course will provide you with an introduction to key digital specialisms, including social media marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and content development skills.
This is a practical course where you will work on case studies and projects. As part of the learning experience, you will participate in an array of relevant workshops facilitated by guest speakers from industry. Work placement is an integral part of this course, and you will have an opportunity to complete your work placement in large commercial media and podcasting companies. If you are interested you can complete a fully funded Erasmus+ work placement in Media companies in Malta, Spain and Finland which are arranged by BCFE.
What will you study?
- Digital Marketing (5N1364)
- Public Relations (5N1405)
- Graphic Design Skills (5N1978)
- Advertising (5N0748)
- Writing Skills for Journalism (5N2435)
- Web Authoring (5N1910)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Media Analysis (5N1298)
- Communications (5N0690)
What do you need to apply?
Please refer to the Entry Requirements.
- 3 fully Digital touchscreen broadcast studios using Myriad.
- State-of-the-art podcast and TV studios.
- Full access to the Adobe Suite of Digital Media
- Graduates with a Merit profile may apply for entry to related BTEC Higher National Diploma courses in BCFE such as:
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).
There are a growing number of employment opportunities for those with the skills that this course offers in both large and small organisations. Graduates may pursue further studies or work in areas such as digital marketing, social media management, advertising, marketing and advertising, internal communications and more.
View More Testimonials
My experience during the Digital Marketing and Content Creation course was that it was different to what I expected it to be. I thought that it would be more social media focused but was more spread over different areas such as public relations and multimedia web authoring. My time and experience in the college was good as I met lots of new people and learned new things in the course. I am set to do the two year Higher National Diploma for Business in the college this year and next year. From doing this new course I hope to go on and do my university degree in business and pursue a career in business.
Graduate, Digital Marketing & Content Development Level 5, DMC