Web Design – Advanced App & Web UI/UX Level 6
Course Code DMH
NFQ Level 6*
Duration 2 Years
Award Year 1: Pearson BTEC Higher National Certificate in Art and Design (Digital Design)
Award Year 2: Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma in Art and Design (Digital Design)
* The Higher National Diploma is recognised by the QQI as being comparable to the Higher Certificate at NFQ Level 6
Why choose Advanced App & Web Design?
This course prepares you for work in the areas of user interface design (UI), user experience design (UX), branding and identity, digital communication, user testing, prototyping, usability, accessibility, heuristic analysis, website design, responsive design and app design.
In terms of software you will learn to master the Adobe Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, and Dreamweaver) in conjunction with other industry-standard software and processes.
Over the two years, you will design and develop several live projects from conception, through wireframing and iterative prototyping, to client and audience evaluation and testing, and social media promotion, giving you practical experience and a professional standard portfolio of work.
What will you study?
- Professional Development
- Contextual Studies
- Individual Project
- Techniques and Processes
- Screen-based Practices
- Digital Design Practices
- Communication in Art and Design
- Principles of User Experience and User Interface Design
End of Year 1 Certification Higher National Certificate in Art and Design (Digital Design)
- Professional Practice
- Applied Practice Collaborative Project
- Advanced Digital Design Studies
- Web Design
- Branding and Identity
- User Testing for Design
End of Year 2 Certification Higher National Diploma in Art and Design (Digital Design)
What do you need to apply?
In addition to the Entry Requirements, please note for this course
Year 1: Higher National Certificate
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a portfolio which illustrates design and technical capabilities.
Year 2: Higher National Diploma
- Students who have successfully completed year 1 and have achieved a Higher National Certificate in Art and Design (Digital Design), can progress automatically to year 2.
- Applicants with an equivalent Higher National Certificate, and subject to module compatibility may also apply directly to Year 2, Higher National Diploma in Art and Design (Digital Design)
- Graduates who achieve a Merit/ Distinction profile in this Higher National Diploma may apply for entry to the BA (Hons) Degree in Media Production Management in BCFE.
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities such as TU (Blanchardstown and Tallaght) and DCU, (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).
- Graduates may also apply to colleges in the UK, to universities such as Napier and Wolverhampton.
DMH Inspire 2022 End of Year Exhibition
View More Testimonials
The modules and assignments were both interesting and challenging, with a perfect mix of practical and creative that made the entire course a genuinely enjoyable experience.
Sinead McDonald, Professional Visual Artist and Media Lecturer
Web Design – Advanced App & Web UI/UX Diploma (HND) Level 6 Higher (DMH 2017 – 2018)
On successful completion of Year 1 of a two-year Higher National Diploma (HND) an Higher National Certificate (HNC) will be claimed for each 1st Year HND student. It will be included as part of the overall HND award on successful completion of Year 2.