Music Performance Level 5
Course Code PMCp
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 5M2011
Award QQI Level 5 Certificate in Music
Why choose this course?
This course is for you if you want the opportunity to explore and further your musicianship and performance skills. You will gain knowledge of music theory and its practical application to musical styles and genres including writing your own songs. You will explore the structure of the music industry in addition to gaining practical skills in recording and producing music as a modern production environment. You will also learn to plan and organise events as part of this course, and you will be supported by lecturers who are experienced musicians and industry practitioners.
This course will help you decide if you want to further your studies in this area or to use this qualification to gain access to a range of other progression courses at further and higher education level.
What will you study?
- Music Performance (5N1301)
- Desktop Publishing (5N0785)
- Music Theory and Practice (5N1849)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Event Production (5N1374)
- Media Analysis (5N1298)
- Music Industry Studies (5N1458)
Students have access to dedicated rehearsal studio for their specialist module in Music Performance.
What do you need to apply?
- Five O6/H7 in Leaving Certificate/LCVP including English, or a Merit in Leaving Certificate Applied or a relevant QQI Level 4 Certificate.
- The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
- Graduates with a Merit profile may apply for entry to BTEC Higher National Diploma courses in BCFE, such as:
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).