Office Administration & IT Skills Level 5
Course Code BOS
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 5M1997
Award QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration
Why choose this course?
This one-year course in Office Administration offers you a solid foundation in modern administration, business, financial and essential IT skills. You will gain an understanding of the world of business and business practices and will develop a wide range of transferable skills needed to secure employment in a modern business or office environment such as: team working, written and verbal communication, multitasking, time management and technical IT skills.
As part of your course of study you will partake in modules specific to working in a range of business environment, including Customer Service and Business Law. You will also learn practical skills in text production, work processing and spreadsheets. An enjoyable aspect of the courses is the out-of-college work experience which you must undertake as part of this course. During this two-week work-placement you will obtain real-world experience in the business of office environment.
What will you study?
- Customer Service (5N0972)
- Business Law (5N2091)
- Text Production (5N1422)
- Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977)
- Word Processing (5N1358)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Information and Administration (5N1389)
- Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised (5N1354)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
What do you need to apply?
- Five O6/H7 in Leaving Certificate/LCVP including Maths and English or a Merit in Leaving Certificate Applied, or a relevant QQI Level 4 Certificate.
- The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
- Graduates with a Merit profile may apply for entry to the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business (BHND) at BCFE.
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).
View More Testimonials
I am absolutely delighted that I chose the Business Office and Administration programme in Ballyfermot College as it is the reason why I have my current career. I highly recommend this College and this course. Having originally left secondary school after 3rd year, I thought it would be quite hard getting back into education. However, when I started the one-year BOS course in September 2015, I couldn’t have been happier. The teachers were so helpful and they made everything so easy to understand. As part of this course, students also have the opportunity to complete a two week work (experience) placement in an office environment. I chose to do mine in the Toyota garage in Ashbourne. This went very well and I was even offered a job in reception when I finished my course. After a couple of months of working on reception, I moved to car sales, where I am still currently employed. I have my own office, business cards and everything else that I didn’t expect to have before I started the BOS course.
Ginte Sipaviciute, Car Sales
Business – Office Administration & IT Skills Level 5 (BOS)