NEW Photography and Content Creation Level 6
Course Code MPH
NFQ Level 6*
Duration 2 Years
Award Year 1: Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Creative Media Production (Media Photography)
Award Year 2: Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Creative Media Production (Media Photography)
Why choose this course?
Kickstart your creativity and learn what it takes to make an impact online. Media may have moved on from print publications but the power of an image or a story well told remains. Whether you want to work in business public relations politics or mainstream news then the ability to make edit and publish quality images and content is a skill that will stand to you for the rest of your career.
In this Higher National Diploma (HND) in Photography and Content Creation students will learn the skills they need for this fast-paced creative industry where self-discipline is key. This programme leans towards media photography such as documentary photography and photojournalism.
Through modules in Photography, Podcasting, News and Editorial, Social Media students a learn a wide range of skills. These can be utilised in a variety of jobs from Journalism to Commercial Photography to Publicity, Public Relations, Communications and more.
What will you study?
- Individual Project
- Creative Media Industry
- Professional Practice
- Photographic Practices
- Studio Photography
- Image Management & Editing Techniques
- Interview & Presentation Techniques
End of Year 1 Certification Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Creative Media Production (Media Photography)
- Advanced Media Photography Practice
- Personal Professional Development
- Collaborative Project
- Podcast Production
- Social Media Practice
End of Year 2 Certification Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Creative Media Production (Media Photography)
- Purpose built state of the art Photography studio.
- Industry standard podcast and Broadcasting studios.
- Full access to the Adobe Suite of Digital Media Packages.
- Students can apply for fully funded Erasmus+ placements in media organisations in Finland and Portugal.
- Google-certified training in Data Analytics, Project Management and UX Design.
- Workshops in Data Journalism, Mobile Journalism (MOJO), Sports Journalism and Podcasting with experienced practitioners
What do you need to apply?
Year 1 Higher National Certificate
- Portfolio (See Guidelines)
- Leaving Certificate/LCVP with a minimum of two O1/H5 and three O6/H7 grades, or a relevant QQI level 5 award with a Merit profile.
- Suitable foundation BCFE Level 5 courses include:
- The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
Year 2 Higher National Diploma
- Students who have successfully completed year 1 and have achieved a Higher National Certificate in Creative Media Production (Media Photography), can progress automatically to year 2.
- Applicants with an equivalent Higher National Certificate and subject to module compatibility may also apply directly to Year 2, Higher National Diploma in Creative Media Production (Media Photography
Each candidate will be interviewed on their portfolio work. The portfolio interview will last approximately 20 minutes. Candidates may present a variety of portfolio work. The emphasis should be on quality and not quantity. Portfolio work may consist of any or all of the following: Photography, digital images or short video clips which have been either shot and or edited by the applicant. Examples of writing ability ie sample stories or articles written by the applicant
- Graduates may apply for the Level 8 BA (Hons) Degree in Media Production Management at BCFE.
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities such as Journalism at DCU or apply for advanced entry to TU Dublin, (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).
- Graduates may also gain exemption of one or two years from other degree courses in the UK
- Photography and Content Creation Level 6 » Media Production Management BA (Hons) Degree Level 8
- The fast-paced nature of this course will prepare students for careers in a variety of areas from Journalism, to content creation to Commercial Photography to Publicity, Public Relations, Communications and more. On successful completion of this course students with a merit profile will also be eligible for consideration on BCFE’s BA in Media Production Management degree course.