NEW Photography and Content Creation Level 6
Course Code MPH
NFQ Level 6*
Duration 2 Years
Award Year 1: Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Creative Media Production (Media Photography)
Award Year 2: Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Creative Media Production (Media Photography)
Why choose a HND in Photography and Content Creation?
Kickstart your creativity and learn what it takes to make an impact Media may have moved on from print publications, but the power of an image, or a story well told, remains. Whether you want to work in business public relations politics or mainstream news then the ability to make edit and publish quality images and content is a skill that will stand to you for the rest of your career.
In this Higher National Diploma (HND) in Photography and Content Creation students will learn the skills they need for this fast-paced creative industry where self- discipline is This programme leans towards media photography such as documentary photography and photojournalism.
Through modules in Photography, Podcasting, videography, Social Media students a learn a wide range of skills. These can be utilised in a variety of jobs from Journalism to Commercial Photography to Publicity, Public Relations, Communications and more.
What will you study?
- Individual Project
- Creative Media Industry
- Professional Practice
- Photographic Practices
- Studio Photography
- Image Management & Editing Techniques
- Interview & Presentation Techniques
End of Year 1 Certification Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Creative Media Production (Media Photography)
- Advanced Media Photography Practice
- Personal Professional Development
- Collaborative Project
- Podcast Production
- Social Media Practice
End of Year 2 Certification Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Creative Media Production (Media Photography)
- Purpose built state of the art Photography studio.
- Industry standard podcast and Broadcasting studios.
- Full access to the Adobe Suite of Digital Media Packages.
What do you need to apply?
In addition to the Entry Requirements, for this course you will also need to provide a portfolio of your recent work. Please see the ‘Portfolio Guidelines’ for details.
Year 1 Higher National Certificate
- Suitable foundation BCFE Level 5 courses include:
Year 2 Higher National Diploma
- Students who have successfully completed year 1 and have achieved a Higher National Certificate in Creative Media Production (Media Photography), can progress automatically to year 2.
- Applicants with an equivalent Higher National Certificate and subject to module compatibility may also apply directly to Year 2, Higher National Diploma in Creative Media Production (Media Photography)
Each candidate will be interviewed on their portfolio work. The portfolio interview will last approximately 20 minutes. Candidates may present a variety of portfolio The emphasis should be on quality and not quantity. Portfolio work may consist of any or all of the following:
- Digital images or
- Short video clips which have been either shot and or edited by the applicant.
- Examples of writing ability i.e. sample stories or articles written by the applicant.
- Graduates may apply for the Level 8 BA (Hons) Degree in Media Production Management at BCFE.
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities such as Journalism at DCU or apply for advanced entry to TU Dublin, (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).
- Graduates may also gain exemption of one or two years from other degree courses in the UK
The fast-paced nature of this course will prepare students or careers in a variety of areas from Journalism, to content creation to Commercial Photography to Publicity, Public Relations, Communications and more.