Short Film and Factual Video Production Level 5
Course Code ITC
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 5M18519
Award QQI Level 5 Certificate in Film and Television Production
Why choose Short Film and Factual Video Production?
This course provides you with the opportunity to build a visual portfolio in the areas of drama film and factual video production, photography, and television studio work. You will also learn about and experience the many creative roles available in these areas.
You will acquire practical skills in single and multi-camera shooting, photography, and film & video editing, using professional standard equipment. These skills will be evidenced in a portfolio of work including a short film, factual video, scripts, and photography. This portfolio may be used for applications to film & television degree programmes.
What will you study?
- Film Production (5N0637)
- Media Analysis (5N1298)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Television and Film Editing (5N0540)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Script Writing (5N18476)
- Television Studio Production (5N18477)
- Portrait Photography (5N1376)
What do you need to apply?
In addition to the Entry Requirements, for this courseyou will also need to provide samples of your visual work. Please see the ‘Guidelines for Samples of Visual Work’ for details.
Guidelines for Samples of Visual Work
- Applicants should provide samples of their visual work; the minimum requirement is a collection of 6-10 photographs. Story boards and video work are also welcome. Please do not send scripts.
- Graduates with a Merit profile may apply for entry to BTEC Higher National Diploma courses in BCFE, such as:
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities. Students may also use their digital film and video work as a portfolio to apply for entry to Film and Television Degree programmes such as the Institute of Art, Design and Technology Dun Laoghaire and the Dublin Institute of Technology, (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).
View More Testimonials
With supportive, friendly and knowledgeable teaching, BCFE gave me a great foundation in the skills I need to communicate my stories and begin my journey into the industry. Some highlights from the year were the end of year exhibition of our films and photography, taking part in script read-throughs and gaining invaluable teamwork experience. I was able to use my short film “Victim”, which I made as part of the course, to successfully secure a place in the Film and Television Production course in IADT where I’m continuing my education. For the same film I was also nominated for the Student award for Best Drama in The Royal Television Society Awards for the Republic of Ireland. Given that this was my very first film, I was extremely pleased with the nomination, and am thankful to BCFE for providing me with these opportunities
Television & Digital Film (ITC, 2018-2019)