Visual Effects including Animation and Video Production TRAINEESHIP Level 5
Course Code VFA
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 5M5048
Award QQI Level 5 Certificate in Media Production
Why choose Visual Effects Traineeship?
If you have a keen interest in learning computer skills for post-production field in Visual Effects. Video Production or Animation, then this course provides you with a unique opportunity to obtain the skills to work in these areas.
This was the first QQI level 5 traineeship course in of its kind in Ireland. It has been developed by BCFE in collaboration with leading VFX, Video Production and Animation production and post-production companies in Ireland who have seen strong growth recently. In addition to the QQI modules, you will gain experience in additional areas while on placement in industry in leading creative media companies.
The course is a 1-year (48-week) traineeship. You will be on practical placement in industry for 12 weeks, in various blocks, over the duration of the year, and the remainder of the course time will be completed at BCFE.
What will you study?
- Computer Illustrated Graphics (5N1929)
- 3-Dimensional Computer Graphics (5N5029)
- Work Practice (5N1433)
- Digital Photography (5N1270)
- Image Processing (5N1292)
- Digital Editing (5N1438)
- Design Skills (5N0784)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Multimedia Authoring (5N1299)
- Figure Studies (5N1869)
What do you need to apply?
In addition to the Entry Requirements, for this course you will also need to provide a portfolio of your recent work. Please see the ‘Portfolio Guidelines’ for details.
Applicants will be invited to a 20-minute interview. At the interview they must bring a portfolio with samples of some of their own of creative work. The portfolio can include:
- Content such as short video clips, photographic images, digital artwork or any other digital work, which has been produced, edited or digitally modified/enhanced by the candidate.
- Applicant should provide evidence of a good work ethic and a strong personal interest in the area.
- Though not an essential requirement, evidence of an ability to draw would be considered an advantage.
- Graduates with a Merit profile may apply for entry to BTEC Higher National Diploma courses in BCFE such as:
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).
- Graduates of this programme have gained employment in leading studios in Ireland in areas of animation, VFX and video post-production.