Step 1 Apply
- Applicants can only apply online for their course at bcfe.ie by clicking on the Apply, Register and Pay Fees button.
- Follow the simple steps to create an online account. This account will be used by you to self-manage your admission to BCFE.
- No application fee is charged.
Step 2 Interview
- All applicants are invited to attend for interview. Due to Covid-19 restrictions this will be arranged virtually and details will be emailed to you.
- If you cannot attend this interview contact BCFE for an alternative date using firstname.lastname@example.org
- Failure to attend for interview may result in your place being offered to another applicant.
Step 3 Offer
- BCFE will notify you with an offer of a course place.
Step 4 Acceptance of Course Place, Paying a Deposit and Recognition of Fee Exemptions
- Applicants must secure their place by paying a €40 Non-Refundable Course Acceptance Fee (please ignore if already paid).
- Payment can only be made online through your student MIT account.
- Applicants who are claiming exemption from any of the fees below must email the relevant evidence to email@example.com. Once received a verified exemption will be applied to your account and this will reduce the amount of fees you have to pay.
The table below outlines the list of possible fee exemptions
|Non-Refundable Course Acceptance Fee
|Student Services Fee
|PLC Government Levy
||Exempt (QQI Only)
Relevant Evidence for Fee Exemption to be Applied
- Medical Card – In-date Full Medical Card only
- Student Grant awarding or grant awaiting letter
- Proof of VTOS (Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme)
- Proof of BTEA (Back to Education Allowance)
Step 5 Registration
Payment of the balance of fees and providing necessary documentation
- Once all fees have been paid and documentation received, you are deemed fully registered. It is only at this point that letters of attendance etc. will be issued to you.
- This needs to be completed by Friday 25th of September 2020.
- Fees can only be paid online. Refer to www.bcfe.ie for Instructions on online payment.
- Fees can be paid in instalments of €50 up to the 25th of September 2020.
- Students are required to upload to their MIT account supporting documentation necessary for study within BCFE.
Documentation to be uploaded to MIT online account
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Relevant qualifications i.e. leaving certificate results or QQI transcript or HND transcript
- ID photograph
- Upload a suitable photograph to your MIT account.
- Your photograph will be reviewed and those unsuitable will be rejected.
- You will receive your ID card at Induction or at Course Commencement.
- You must face the camera directly with full face in view
- Your face must not be covered
- No hats allowed except for those used for religious purposes
- The background should be clear white
- Photograph must have been taken in the last 6 months
- No head phones or wireless hands free devices in the photograph
- Wear glasses if you normally wear them on a daily basis
Due to GDPR/Data Protection Regulations, BCFE will only collect necessary personal data
Step 6 Induction and Commencement
Due to current Covid-19 restrictions, BCFE is not in a position to finalise induction or course commencement format and dates.
Students normally commence academic studies in BCFE during the second week of September, however due to the delayed publication of Leaving Certificate Grades and CAO offers combined with public health guidelines surrounding Covid-19 induction and commencement dates maybe later in September 2020.
Once BCFE receives direction from the HSE and the CDETB dates will be communicated to all students and published on BCFE’s website. BCFE appreciates your understanding with this issue.
- Students are required to attend for induction. Date to be confirmed.
- At induction, students will receive draft timetable, student handbook, general BCFE information, BCFE Student Participation Contract, CDETB Computer Usage Policy and Learner Details Form.
B: Course Commencement
- BCFE commencement dates to be confirmed.
- Courses will commence as per class timetable.