Standard minimum entry requirements for all courses in BCFE:
- Minimum statutory school leaving age (16+)
- CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 and Level 6 courses for those whose first language is not English.
- Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees. Please refer to Information for international students.
- A PPS number is required for registration. Please refer to How to get a Personal Public Service (PPS) Number.
- The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+)
Minimum entry requirements for all level 5 courses
- QQI Level 4 award or equivalent
- Five O6/H7 in Leaving Certificate/LCVP or a Merit in Leaving Certificate Applied or a relevant QQI Level 4 certificate
Minimum entry requirements for all level 6 courses
- QQI Level 5 award in a relevant or equivalent
- Leaving Certificate/LCVP with a minimum of two O1/H5 and three O6/H7 grades or equivalent
Additional entry requirements
Some courses have additional entry requirements specific to the course area (such as a portfolio of work, a required standard in specific subjects, or the successful completion of an interview) and these are outlined on each course page.
BA (Honours) in Media Production Management (certified by Dublin City University.
This is a one-year progression course for students who have successfully completed a Higher National Diploma in a Media-related area.
BA (Honours) in Visual Media (certified by University of Dundee, Scotland)
This is a two-year progression course for students who have successfully completed a Higher National Diploma in Animation or a Higher National Diploma in Computer Game Design.
Graduates of the BA in Media Production Management progress to post graduate studies in DCU, TCD, NUIM, DIT and in universities in the UK.
Graduates of the Visual Media Degree may progress to appropriate post-graduate courses.