Illustration Techniques and Practices Level 5
Course Code AIC
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 5M5048
Award QQI Level 5 Certificate in Art
Why choose this course?
This is one-year introductory course to Illustration techniques and practices.
This course will enable you to develop your artistic skills and to begin the process of becoming proficient in the area of illustration. It is also designed for those who have an interest in many aspects of art and who want to develop their appreciation of art, craft and design.
The course will prepare you for further study in BCFE or at higher education level. It is ideal for both school leavers and mature students who are interested in art.
What will you study?
- Illustration (5N1288)
- Figure Studies (5N1869)
- Drawing (5N1862)
- Appreciation of Art, Craft and Design (5N0755)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Computer Illustrated Graphics (5N1929)
- Design Skills (5N0784)
- Work Practice (5N1433)
What do you need to apply?
- Five O6/H7 grades in Leaving Certificate/LCVP or a merit in Leaving Certificate Applied, or a relevant QQI Level 4 Certificate.
- The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
- Graduates with a Merit profile may apply for entry to BTEC Higher National Diploma courses in BCFE, such as:
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities such as to NCAD, DIT and IADT, (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).