Illustration Techniques and Practices Level 5
Course Code AIC
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 5M5048
Award QQI Level 5 Certificate in Art
Why choose Illustration Techniques and Practices?
This one-year introductory course to illustration techniques and practices will enable you to develop your artistic skills and to begin the process of becoming proficient in illustration.
It is also designed for those who have an interest in many aspects of art and who want to develop their appreciation of art, craft, and design.
The course will prepare you for further study in BCFE or at higher education level. It is ideal for both school leavers and mature students who are interested in art.
What will you study?
- Illustration (5N1288)
- Figure Studies (5N1869)
- Drawing (5N1862)
- Appreciation of Art, Craft and Design (5N0755)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Computer Illustrated Graphics (5N1929)
- Design Skills (5N0784)
- Work Practice (5N1433)
What do you need to apply?
In addition to the Entry Requirements, for this course you will also need to provide a portfolio of your recent work. Please see the ‘Portfolio Guidelines’ for details.
Students applying for the Illustration Techniques and Practices course should bring to the interview a small selection of original artwork completed within the past year demonstrating drawing skills and interests. This original portfolio should contain:
- A selection of recent personal work which can include quick sketches, detailed drawings, photography, paintings or digital art.
- This work should be creative and conceptual and can also include collage, textiles or printmaking.
- Three-dimensional work may be photographed for inclusion.
- Graduates with a Merit profile may apply for entry to BTEC Higher National Diploma courses in BCFE, such as:
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities such as to NCAD, DIT and IADT, (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).