Animation Drawing Studies is a comprehensive foundation programme. It has a particular emphasis on the development of strong drawing skills whilst offering a broad introduction to animation. Students learn the fundamentals of animation layout and animation drawing. Figure studies, drawing, painting and sculpture develop and enhance the students’ creativity and artistic skills. The course provides a great introduction to the world of animation and gives students a strong foundation, both technically and artistically, for further studies in classical and computer animation.
- Animation Drawing Studies
- Animation Layout Design
- Multimedia Authoring
- Craft and Design
- Figure Studies
- Work Experience
View past students’ work.
Five O6/H7 in Leaving Certificate/LCVP or a merit in Leaving Certificate Applied or QQI level 4 Certificate. The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Art 5M1985
- Students applying for Animation Courses should bring to the interview a portfolio of artwork completed within the past year demonstrating drawing skills and interests.
- This portfolio should contain: Four A3 size drawings from life or the human figure displaying emotion (anger, happiness, love, sadness etc). It is suggested that you ask a friend or family member to pose for these drawings and that you spend no more than 2 hours on this exercise. Quick sketches are better than finished pieces.
- Approximately twelve pieces of artwork (sketches and more finished work) including observational drawings (life drawing/still life), perspective drawing, some colour work and work of personal interest.
- A sketchbook of quick, 5 to 10 minutes, drawings from life (people, animals, still life, buildings interior or exterior).
- Please bring only original work. The drawings of established cartoon characters and work copied from books should not be included.
Graduates with a merit profile may apply for entry to the Higher National Diploma in Classical and Computer Animation in BCFE. Graduates may progress to courses in Higher Education Institutions on a competitive basis through the new QQI Common Awards System (CAS). For information on the scheme see Higher Education Links Scheme.