NEW Applied Politics & Leadership Level 5
Course Code APL
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 5M2181
Award QQI Level 5 Certificate in Applied Social Studies
Why choose Applied Politics & Leadership?
This course is for you if you wish to pursue a career in national or local politics, leadership in the community or voluntary sectors, in organisations engaged in campaigning and advocacy, or in the private sector.
On this course you will build the requisite skills to operate effectively as a community or organisational political planner and leader, to be an effective communicator, and to have the ability to plan campaigns and to lobby to achieve goals.
The course is centred around practical skills applicable to nearly all political and advocacy areas. You will develop an understanding of how national, regional and local, political systems and organisations work and interact and how to engage with them effectively. You will also learn how to engage with media and the importance of mainstream and social media in disseminating messages as well as the use of these for effective communication.
You are also required to complete work experience with a relevant political, community or advocacy organisation. this area.
What will you study?
- Political Studies (5N1837)
- Legal Practice and Procedures (5N1394)
- Conflict Resolution (5N0692)
- Psychology (5N0754)
- Intercultural Studies (5N0765)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Social Studies (5N1370)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Political Philosophy (5N3426)
What do you need to apply?
Please refer to the Entry Requirements.
- Graduates of this course may apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities such as to NCAD, DIT and IADT, (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).