Games Design Visual Media BA (Hons) Degree Level 8
Course Code CDA1G
NFQ Level 8
Duration 2 Years
Award BA Honours Degree in Visual Media – Animation (University of Dundee)
Why choose this course?
The BA in Games Design Visual Media is an honours degree awarded by the University of Dundee, Scotland. As a two-year top up course, it is designed to build on the HND in Creative Media Production (Game Design) challenging students to develop and integrate their technical, creative and academic skills in a structured way.
Course content includes game concept design, asset creation, iterative game prototyping, feedback analysis, and game production. At honours level the learning is largely self-directed. Students collaboratively produce a fully functioning game in a dedicated studio classroom. Live play, along with promotional trailers, screen alongside animation shorts at the annual Graduate Showcase.
What will you study?
- Game Design
- Design and Technology
- Visual Media Theory
- Professional Practice
- Applied Visual Media Theory
- Visual Media Production
What do you need to apply?
- A Higher National Diploma in Creative Media Production (Computer Game Design), or relevant and equivalent qualification.
- Students for whom English is their second language, are expected to have an IELTS score of 6.0, or equivalent.
- Students applying for the Games Design Visual Media BA Hons Degree should bring to the interview an original portfolio of your best work completed within the past year.
- Portfolio should include evidence of game design, game production, research, academic writing and conceptual development. All work must be original and recent.
- Many of our graduates have gained employment in world-class gaming companies.