Certified Accountancy Pathway Traineeship Level 6
Course Code BAT
NFQ Level 6
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 6N4089
Award ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business QQI Level 6; Certificate in Payroll Techniques (Special Purpose Award); IPASS Irish Payroll Association; QQI Level 6 Certificate in Spreadsheets
Why choose this course?
This traineeship will provide you with the knowledge and competencies in both theory (classroom based) and practice (work based), to work in the area of accounting and payroll. You will also be equipped with the specific skills necessary for employment in the accounting and payroll sector. On this course you will complete both the ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business and the QQI Level 6 Special Purpose Award in Payroll Techniques certified by IPASS, the Irish Payroll Association. These are industry standard qualifications and will provide you with opportunities for further and higher education progression within these two sectors.
This course is a 1-year (48-week traineeship). You will be on practical placement in the industry for 12 weeks, in various blocks, over the duration of the year, and the remainder of this course time will be completed within BCFE.
What will you study?
- Business and Technology ACCA BT/FBT
- Financial Accounting ACCA FA/FFA
- Management Accounting ACCMA/FMA
- Foundations in Professionalism ACCA
- IPASS Certificate in Payroll Techniques (CPT) Special Purpose Award QQI Level 6
- Spreadsheets QQI Level 6
- SAGE Training
- Sage Software for accounting and payroll
- 3 months work placement in a relevant working environment
What do you need to apply?
The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
- Leaving Certificate/LCVP with a minimum of two H5/01 and three 06/H7 grades, or a relevant QQI Level 5 award with a Merit profile, or a relevant BTEC National Diploma with a Merit profile.
- Suitable BCFE QQI Level 5 foundation courses include:
- The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
Graduates may continue to study further ACCA qualifications whilst pursuing their careers in accountancy if they so wish.
Graduates of this programme may progress into employment and onto a career in the financial services sector, more than likely in accountancy or payroll roles, such as a trainee accountant, a trainee bookkeeper, or a payroll assistant.