This is a one-year art course producing portfolios of excellent individual artwork for entry to Art Colleges such as NCAD, TUD, IADT, LSAD, Crawford, UK, London, Edinburgh, EU, and elsewhere.
ADM involves in-studio and location work. Students develop skills, concepts and personal expression through a broad range of Fine Art practices such as, Drawing, Sculpture, Painting, Combined Materials, Printmaking, Figure Studies and Fine Art Darkroom and Digital Photography.
Projects are broad, and support individual interpretation suitable to students’ personal creative interests such as Fine Art, Design, Fashion, Illustration etc.
Work Experience in the first term is a 3-week open Studio Block of Art-making across Sculpture, Combined Materials, Drawing, Painting, Photography and Print, producing a range of excellent integrated work.
A week long Art Educational trip outside of Ireland to galleries in Paris/London, takes place in the second term to inform student knowledge of the broader Art world.
- Work Experience
- Appreciation of Art, Craft and Design
- Combined Materials
- Fine Art and Graphics Photo Imaging
- Figure Studies
- Five O6/H7 in Leaving Certificate/ LCVP or a merit in Leaving Certificate Applied, or a relevant QQI level 4 Certificate. The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
Students applying for Art and Design courses should bring to the interview an original portfolio your best work completed within the past year. The portfolio should contain:
- 12 to 15 pieces of recent work and observational studies. Work should be based on what excites you, and can include a range of media, e.g. pencil, charcoal, pastel, oil, paint.
- Work that is sewn, sculpted, photographed, observed and drawn, including quick sketches and detailed drawings which demonstrate the ability to deal with line, tone, texture, colour, surface and form. Include sketchbooks and notebook.
- Be brave! Enjoy showing us your ideas and creative process!
- Graduates with a merit profile may apply for entry to BTEC Higher National Diploma courses in BCFE, such as:
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities, Universities and Art Colleges such as NCAD, LSAD,DIT and IADT, (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).
- ADM Portfolios are suitable for applications to all national BA degree and HND programmes in the areas of Fine Art, Sculpture, Painting, Printmaking, Design, Fashion Design, Photography, Display, and Character Design for Stage and Screen. Graduates progress to courses in Higher Education Institutions in Ireland and Europe.