Art Portfolio – Art, Graphics And Printmaking (Visual Communications) Level 5
Course Code AGP
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 5M1995
Award QQI Level 5 Certificate in Graphic Design
Why choose Art, Graphics And Printmaking?
This course enables you to create a portfolio that is both dynamic and skills based. AGP covers a wide range of disciplines: drawing, painting, print-making, photography and computer based design.
BCFE uses industry standard software in our digital studio. This gives our students practical experience and skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, which are essential in pursuing a career in Graphic Design and Visual Communications.
AGP portfolios are suitable for design courses as well as other visual arts Many of our students progress to IADT, TUD, LIT, NCAD, Crawford or stay within BCFE to study at HND level.
What will you study?
- Design Skills (5N0784)
- Drawing (5N1862)
- Graphic Design Skills (5N1978)
- Printmaking (5N1373)
- Painting (5N1302)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Appreciation of Art, Craft and Design (5N0755)
- Traditional Black and White Photography (5N0757)
- Figure Studies (5N1869)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Film and digital cameras with full darkroom facilities.
- Traditional Print-making studio with Press.
- A suite of new Apple Macintosh computers with personal Adobe software licence for each student.
- AGP have a dedicated A3 full colour printer.
- Each registered student receives a pack of art and photography materials.
- Work Experience project
- Cultural and research trip
- Opportunity to participate in Erasmus European work placement
What do you need to apply?
In addition to the Entry Requirements, for this course you will also need to provide a portfolio of your recent work. Please see the ‘Portfolio Guidelines’ for details.
Art Portfolio Guidelines
Students applying for the Art Portfolio – Art, Graphics, Printmaking and Visual Communications course should bring to the interview a small selection of original artwork completed within the past year demonstrating Drawing skills and interests. This original portfolio should contain:
- A selection of recent These can include quick sketches, detailed drawings, photography, paintings or digital art.
- More importantly, we love to see enthusiasm!
- Graduates with a Merit profile can progress directly onto the 2-year HND in Graphic Design Level 6 (AGH) in BCFE.
- Graduates with a Merit profile can also apply to the following Higher National Diploma courses at BCFE:
- Graduates of this course may apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities such as to NCAD, DIT and IADT, (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).