Return to Learning Level 4
Course Code RTL
NFQ Level 4
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 4M2010
Award QQI Level 4 Certificate in General Learning
Why choose this course?
The Return to Learning course is a foundation course for adults supported by the Back to Education Initiative (BTEI).
The aim of the course is to give adults who left school early, or who are a long time out of education the opportunity to return to education and to participate in a year of learning and exploration. Students gain the knowledge and skills necessary for further study.This (BTEI) course enables adults to return to learning in a positive and supportive environment. Classes are small and personal attention is assured.
This programme is timetabled for a maximum of 17 hours per week to facilitate learners combining their learning with family and other commitments.
What will you study?
- Communications (4N0689)
- Mathematics (4N1987)
- Word Processing (4N1123)
- Information Technology Skills (4N1125)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Customer Service (4N1989)
- Entrepreneurial Skills (4N1128)
- Personal and Interpersonal Development (4N1131)
What do you need to apply?
- Applicants should have a standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 3. Applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education, although no formal qualifications are required.
- Students who successfully complete RTL may apply for entry to any of the QQI Level 5 courses in BCFE and other Colleges of Further Education. • Students may also apply for entry to University Access courses such as the QQI Level 5 course Pre-University Post Primary Teacher Training in BCFE.
View More Testimonials
Overall, … the RTL course was a great experience and gave me great confidence moving forward in my life
Return to Learning, (RTL 2017 – 2018)