Return to Learning Level 4
Course Code RTL
NFQ Level 4
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 4M2010
Award QQI Level 4 Certificate in General Learning
Why choose Return to Learning?
The aim of this foundation course is to give adults who left school early, or who are a long time out of education the opportunity to return to education and to participate in a year of learning and Students gain the knowledge and skills necessary for further study.
The Return to Learning course is supported by the Back to Education Initiative (BTEI) that enables adults to return to learning in a positive and supportive Classes are small and personal attention is assured.
This programme is timetabled for a maximum of 17 hours per week to facilitate learners combining their learning with family and other commitments.
What will you study?
- Communications (4N0689)
- Mathematics (4N1987)
- Word Processing (4N1123)
- Information Technology Skills (4N1125)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Customer Service (4N1989)
- Entrepreneurial Skills (4N1128)
- Personal and Interpersonal Development (4N1131)
What do you need to apply?
- Applicants should have a standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 3. Applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education, although no formal qualifications are required.
- Students who successfully complete RTL may apply for entry to any of the QQI Level 5 courses in BCFE and other Colleges of Further Education.
- Students may also apply for entry to University Access courses such as the BCFE QQI Level 5 courses
View More Testimonials
Overall, … the RTL course was a great experience and gave me great confidence moving forward in my life
Return to Learning, (RTL 2017 – 2018)