Business Studies Level 5
Course Code BSC
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 5M2102
Award QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Studies
Why choose this course?
This one-year course in Business Studies will give you a solid foundation in the academic, practical, and personal skills required for a career in business and you will gain an appreciation and understanding of the ever-changing business environment.
Modules studied on this course such as: Customer Service, Marketing Practice, Bookkeeping and Business Administration Skills will help you appreciate and understand the different roles in business today and how they are interlinked.
Students have found that this course gave them an opportunity to build and refine their skills so that upon successful completion they had a set of business skills which gave them the opportunity to progress to further study or into a career in business.
What will you study?
- Customer Service (5N0972)
- Mathematics (5N1833)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977)
- Word Processing (5N1358)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Marketing Practice (5N1400)
- Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised (5N1354)
- Business Administration Skills (5N1610)
What do you need to apply?
- Five O6/H7 in Leaving Certificate/ LCVP including Maths and English or a Merit in Leaving Certificate Applied, or a relevant QQI Level 4 Certificate.
- The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
- Graduates may progress to the Certified Accountancy Pathway Traineeship Level 6.
- Graduates of this course may apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).