Sound Production Level 5
Course Code PMCe
NFQ Level 5
Duration 1 Year
QQI Code 5M2149
Award QQI Level 5 Certificate in Sound Production
Why choose Sound Production?
This course is for you if you are interested in a career in music and sound engineering or music promotion. This course provides a combination of practical and theoretical tuition in all aspects of digital sound engineering and music production.
On this course you will gain the essential knowledge, industry experience, contacts and opportunities required to succeed in the music industry from lecturers who are experienced engineers, musicians, and industry practitioners. You will collaborate and work with the students of the Music Performance course to create annual live events to build your knowledge, skills and competencies.
This course should help you decide if you want to further your studies in this area or use this qualification to gain employment or progress to further and higher education.
What will you study?
- Music Technology (5N1640)
- Desktop Publishing (5N0785)
- Sound Engineering and Production (5N1900)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Event Production (5N1374)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Media Analysis (5N1298)
- Music Industry Studies (5N1458)
What do you need to apply?
In addition to the Entry Requirements, for this course you will also need to support your application with a written statement of your interest in this area, and if possible, including evidence of your experience and links to materials you have made or recorded. On application you will be advised by the college on how to submit this supporting documentation.
- Graduates with a Merit profile may apply for entry to BTEC Higher National Diploma courses in BCFE, such as:
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with the relevant Higher Education Institution).