The Higher National Diploma in Television Operations and Production offers you a path to an interesting, exciting and rewarding career in the Television and Video Production industries.
This is a practical course in television and video production which includes directing, producing, camera work, post production, live studio and outside broadcast recording.
This course has places for people with an interest in camera work, editing, sound as well producing, directing and planning, organizing and creating television shows and video content. You get the opportunity to work on ‘live’ commissions from clients in the real world.
- Single Camera Techniques for Television
- Television Studies
- Editing for Television and Film
- Television Practice
- Creative Media Industry
- Professional Practice
- Television Studio Production
- Individual Project
- Producer and Director for Television
- Multi-camera Production
- Television Studio production
- Live Studio Operations for Television
- Advanced Television Studies
- Advanced Editing for TV and Film
- Collaborative Project
- Leaving Certificate/LCVP with a minimum of two O1/H5 and three O6/H7 grades, or equivalent, or a relevant Level 5 award with a merit profile. Suitable foundation Level 5 courses in BCFE include:
- The academic entry requirements may be waived for mature applicants (21+).
- Students should bring a portfolio of their photography or video work to the interview. It need not be professional quality. Each candidate will be invited to discuss the work you are presenting with regard to what you have learnt in the making of it. The emphasis should be on quality not quantity. No more than 20 photographs should be presented. Video work should preferably be in a common file format on USB or external drive. If your video is a group production, you should show the part that contains your own work. Photographic work should show your skills in lighting, framing and composition and possibly sequence. The Interview will last approximately 20 minutes.
- Graduates who achieve a merit/distinction profile may apply for entry to the BA (Hons.) in Media Production Management in BCFE which is validated by Dublin City University.
- Graduates of this course may also apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to higher and advanced certificate and degree programmes at national Institutes of Technology, Technological Universities and Universities, (applicants should confirm linked awards and eligibility requirements with relevant Higher Education Institution).
- Graduates may also gain exemption of one or two years from cognate degree courses in the UK.
- Former students of the course are currently working with every broadcaster in Ireland, as well as with almost all of the major Irish production companies. Many graduates are involved in the international media world working in management, operations and production roles. Chances are, if you’ve watched television, video or Netflix you’ve seen some of our former students’ work!
View More Testimonials
When I set about searching for the right media course, Ballyfermot came highly recommended by various industry professionals I’d contacted for advice. I attended two courses at BCFE, MND – Diploma in Media & Broadcasting and ITH HND in Television Operations & Production. My time at Ballyfermot was very enjoyable and well worth it. Since leaving BCFE, I have worked for all the major players such as The Farm, Setanta Sports, RTE and TV3. It’s been fantastic to work alongside many of the friends I made at the college. At present I am working full time as a Promotions Producer for TV3.
Diploma in Media & Broadcasting (MND), HND in Television Operations & Production (ITH)